Adagio Mills 8ply yarns are classic yarns that are so soft and squishy that you will just want to hug them. Available in gradients from white to black through grey, brown or rosegreys makes it a versatile yarn.
- 100% Australian Alpaca
- 50g ball at standard conditions,
- Approx 95m,
- Tension: 22sts and 30 rows to 10cm on 4mm knitting needles
- Gentle hand wash only in warm water,
- Do not machine wash,
- Do not tumble dry,
Adagio Mills 8ply alpaca yarn can be substituted into any pattern requiring 8ply or DK yarn that calls for the same tension.
All colours are blended from the natural alpaca fibres and hence no dyes are used.
Description of the individual yarns
- White - natural white,
- Clouds - the lightest of our grey range, reminds us of its namesake,
- Sonata - a light grey that is suitable in any situation,
- Symphony - the start of our mid greys and in some light can be difficult to tell apart from Sonata,
- Concerto - a bolder grey and is the mid point of our grey gradient,
- Stormy Grey - reminds us of the darkening sky just before a big storm hits,
- Forte - Charcoal grey that is almost black with hints of white is aptly named Forte, it balances beautifully the darker end of the greyscale,
- Black - blended from natural "true black" fibres this yarn has a depth of colour that is rarely seen in black yarns and garments,
- Bay black - blended from "true black" and "bay black" fibres, this yarn has a lovely sheen with a slight brown influence to the black giving a depth of colour,
- Brahms - a deliciously dark brown yarn,
- Vanilla Milkshake - a sweet treat made from light fawn and white fibre, current available batch 20160308
- Weathered Wood - a recreation of one of our experiments that were surprisingly wonderful! The blend of black, dark brown and fawn fibres give an impression of the effect of weathered wood.
- Chocolate indulgence - a blend of mid brown fibres with a hint of lighter browns sneaking through,
- Latte - Warm, comforting and oh so soft! This yarn reminds us a good latte.
- Chai - a light fawn between Vanilla Milkshake and Latte,
- Fudge - gooey chocolotey goodness and the yarn is no exception!
Many of our colourways are repeatable but some are seasonal and won't ever be repeated quite the same way. Usually yarns made with browns such as Rosegreys or experimental browns will be in this category. So if you like these ones you'll need to be quick!
- Baby Elephant Walk - This yarn reminds us of a baby elephant wallowing through the mud and having a lovely time. It also references one of our all time favourite band tunes, you'll be singing along whilst working with this yarn! Named with the assistance of our Facebook Followers this rosegrey blend of white, black and brown fibres is sure to be a favourite!
- Tweed: Baby Elephant Walk, Stormy Grey and Sonata - Tweeds are such fun to make! Our latest tweed experiment with the rosegrey of Baby Elephant Walk and the co-ordinating greys of Stormy and Sonata is striking but balanced.